About the webinars
11:00 AM - 12:15 PM - The New UK Tax Landscape: Implications for U.S. Investors
Learning Objectives: By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of the UK’s new asset holding company regime.
- Gain insight into UK tax policy following Brexit and Covid 19.
- Appreciate some of the tax implications of Brexit for U.S. (and non-U.S.) investors.
Andrew Black, Partner, Ernst Young
Jemma Dick, Director, Clifford Chance LLP
Steve Edge, Partner, Slaughter and May
Andrew Howard, Partner, Ropes & Gray
12:30-1:45 PM - Cash Rich Companies-PFIC Issues and Developments
- By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
Recognize technical issues and risks that can cause a cash rich non-U.S. company (e.g. a life science or high tech IP development company) to become a PFIC.
- Understand current and proposed statutory and regulatory exceptions that may be available to reduce PFIC risks.
- Appreciate policy suggestions for reducing administrative complexity and minimizing foot-faults with respect to PFICs.
Erika Nijenhuis, Senior Counsel, US Treasury Department (invited)
John Karasek, Managing Director, Value Chain Management and International Tax, KPMG
Brainard (Skip) Patton, Skip Patton, Boston University School of Law